International Potato Center Monitoring & Evaluation Research Assistant Job in Kisumu Kenya, 2013 November
International Potato Center
Ref: 13-62 MERA/NRS/SSA
Monitoring & Evaluation Research Assistant – Kisumu
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a Monitoring & Evaluation Research Assistant to be based in Kisumu, Kenya.
The Center: CIP is a not-for-profit international agricultural research-for-development organization with a focus on potato, sweetpotato, and Andean roots and tubers. Its vision is of roots and tubers improving the lives of the poor. CIP is a member of the CGIAR Consortium.
The Position: The position will be based in Kisumu, Kenya and will report to the Agriculture Value Chain Specialist responsible for the implementation of a going-to-scale project in Nyanza Province, Kenya to improve nutrition benefits from with pro-vitamin A rich orange-fleshed sweetpotato.
The principal tasks and responsibilities comprise the following:
The key responsibilities:-
- Design, implement, and assist in the analysis of baseline and impact studies and monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Supervise data collection and prepare data entry programs.
- Train staff in data entry, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Carry out data analysis and report writing in English.
- Assist in the design and implementation of monitoring systems for various components.
- Perform data cleaning and data analysis of different socio-economic research embedded in the CIP projects.
- Participate in report writing, proposal preparation, and brief/flyer writing as needed by different CIP research programs.
- Assist other CIP researchers in different sweetpotato related research.
- Publish research articles and reports in collaboration with CIP staff and project research partners.
- Assist in the organization and preparation for relevant technical meetings, including the preparation of presentations.
- Master’s degree in Economics or Agricultural Economics.
- At least five years of experience (three years of experience for Msc candidates) in implementing baseline and adoption surveys, monitoring and evaluation systems, data collection and analysis and report writing.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in data management using spreadsheets and database programs and in processing and analyzing data using SPSS.
- Have demonstrated success in working with multi-disciplinary teams and partnerships in collaborative research work.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Willingness to spend considerable time working under field conditions.
- Advance written and oral communication skill in English and local language.
Conditions: This position is local and the employment contract will be for one-year term with three months of probation period. CIP prides itself on its collegial and supportive working environment, which allows space for personal and professional growth.
Applicants should apply by email, sending a letter of interest, a full C.V., and the names and contact information of three referees knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org copy to email@example.com.
The reference name of the position “Monitoring & Evaluation Research Assistant – KISUMU” should be clearly marked in the subject line of the email message.
Screening of applications will begin on November 15, 2013.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org.
CIP is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.