Project Manager Job At Mara Water Soil and Energy Conservation Project (MWASECO), August 2013
- Coordinating day- to -day implementation of project activities
- Implementing the recommendations of the Project Implementation Committee (PIC) as contained in the project document
- Providing technical and administrative support to the PIC
- Supervising the implementation of various project activities in collaboration with other key project partners
- Preparing both narrative and financial reports as per the Financing Agreement under the direction of the PIC and distribute them to the respective offices
- Providing secretarial services to PIC including organizing and facilitating project meetings and taking minutes
- Preparing relevant project documents and reports for review and approval by the PIC
- Custodian of all project property and maintenance of accurate project records including community contribution and ledgers
- Facilitating preparation and logistical arrangements for all project trainings including seminars, workshops and exchange visits among others
- Ensuring timely preparation and submission of workplans, financial and progress reports
- Conducting monitoring and evaluation jointly with the PIC and other partners to track project progress
Reporting to the PIC Chairman, the Project Manager should meet the following conditions:
- He/She must have at least a first degree in Natural Resources Management, environmental sciences, community development, entrepreneurship, or social sciences with good understanding of project management cycle.
- Must have at least 3 years experience in community based management projects with special interest in environmental conservation and poverty reduction issues
- Those applicants with a Diploma in Natural Resources Management, environmental sciences, community development, entrepreneurship, or social sciences and with good understanding of project management cycle & five years working experience will also be considered.
- Must have excellent community mobilization and organizational skills
- A good understanding of the local context/issues particularly environmental and poverty
- Must have good communication and inter-personal skills
- Must be computer literate with good technical report writing skills
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision
- Basic accounting, book keeping skills will be an added advantage
- Must have valid riding license.
If you have the above qualifications submit your application online to:
The PIC Chairman
Mara water soil and energy conservation Project
The application must be received on or before 9/08/2013.